Become an IAF member
The main aim of the IFOAM Apiculture Forum is to advance the development of organic beekeeping and to encourage the traditional practices employed by sustainable beekeeping.
The current food system has seriously endangered human health and depleted natural resources. In recent years, many beekeepers in the Northern hemisphere annually witness a high number of losses among their bee colonies. The scientific community has proposed a number of drivers for the increased honeybee mortality such as pests and diseases, pesticides, loss of biodiversity and natural areas as well as the intensification of beekeeping practices.
Joining forces with likeminded individuals and organizations will allow us to take a step forward towards the development of organic beekeeping and the protection of pollinators and the environment.
Are you a professional related to the principles of organic apiculture and committed to participate in group activities and/or discussions?
- Coordinator: Manfred Fürst, Naturland e.V., Germany. E-mail info(at)apiculture.ifoam.bio
- Uli Bröker, Apicon, Germany. E-mail uli.broeker(at)vilstal.net
- Günter Friedmann, Demeter, Germany. E-mail imkerei-friedmann(at)t-online.de
- Peter Gänz, Naturland e.V., Germany. E-Mail p.gaenz(at)naturland.de
- Salvador Garibay, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Switzerland. E-mail salvador.garibay(at)fibl.org
- René Sayago, Coopsol, Argentina. E-mail renesayago(at)coopsol.com.ar
- Remy Vandame, El Colegio de la Frontera Sur, Mexico. E-mail abejas(at)ecosur.mx; remy.vandame(at)gmail.com